Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Will's Room

I love to do children's rooms because the possibilities are endless! Plus, you get to add the kid's personal touch, if they'll let you. This is one of the first children's rooms I did on my own (of course, with my wonderful assistant).

I am really excited with how the walls turned out. The main part around the room is a straw yellow with a 12" red border to coordinate with the bedding.

Painting Tip: A great way to save on painting costs is to do the painting yourself. I think the dad did a great job in this room! Painting straight lines is not as hard as it may seem. Just make sure you have a straight edge, level, ruler, and painter's tape.


I usually try to stay away from themed rooms so the kids can grow with the room, but I couldn't pass up this cute cowboy print to go with the stars on the opposite wall.

No comments: